SunSphere 360° – Domestic hot water
The innovative solar collector, which stands perfectly to the sun all day thanks to its spherical shape! The SunSphere 360° is not only suitable for swimming pool heating, but also for solar domestic hot waterheating. The system is particularly low and therefore inconspicuous. Another advantage over normal flat collectors is the construction-related permanent resistance to salt water and salty air. This makes it easy to install in the immediate vicinity of the sea.
Function: Domestic hot water heating with solar
This plant scheme illustrates how you can use the spheric collectors for domestic hot water heating.
If solar heat is available from the SunSphere collectors, the speed-controlled solar pump is started. The pump then conveys the solar energy from the collector to the domestic hot water tank.
For support, the domestic hot water tank can be reheated by an electric electric heating cartridge.
Alternatively, with our SunSphere Duo you can also combine a domestic hot water heat pump with the SunSphere solar system.
This domestic hot water solar system is particularly suitable for locations in southern Europe. (Italy, France, Spain, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Greece).
Recommendation for sizing
We recommend using one SunSphere collector per person. In Southern Europe (e.g. the Canary Islands) you can produce up to 60 liters of domestic hot water per day with a collector.
“We operate an apartment complex on La Palma and have opted for SunSphere collectors to keep environmentally friendly and cost-effective warm water for our guests. We like the 360° design very much.”
The benefits of SunSphere
- 360° sun due to hemisphere construction
- Very simple, unobtrusive and fast assembly, weight: approx. 10 kg
- Very good weather resistant (sun, wind, hail, sea air, salt water)
- Durable for an extremely long time due to the use of the best materials*
* Acrylic glass is extremely durable and well protected from weather ingenuities (anticorrosive). The material does not cloud even after many years, as the material is continuously UV protected. The SunSphere dome therefore has a life expectancy of about 30 years.
SunSphere Collectors in combination with a heat pump storage system are a perfect duo.
The heat pump on the domestic hot water solar storage system starts whenever the SunSphere solar system cannot provide enough warm water due to bad weather conditions. This ensures the operator a very cost-effective overall system with a high efficiency, as it always uses the cheapest energy source that is currently available.
- All the advantages of the 360° SunSphere solar system
- Direct use of the sunwhen it is sufficiently available
- Efficient electric heat pump reheating if required
- Heat pump: 1 kWh of electricity yields > more than 3 kWh of heat (Cop 3)