SunSphere 360° – residential heating
The innovative solar collector, which stands perfectly to the sun all day thanks to its spherical shape! The SunSphere 360° is ideal for residential heating via low-temperature underfloor heating. The height of the system is particularly low and therefore unobtrusive. Another advantage over normal flat collectors is the construction-related permanent resistance to salt water and salty air. This makes it easy to install in the immediate vicinity of the sea.
Function: Underfloor heating and domestic hot water
This scheme illustrates how you can use the spheric collectors for efficient underfloor heating and at the same time for domestic hot water heating.
If solar heat is available from the SunSphere collectors, the speed-controlled solar pump is started. The pump then conveys the solar energy from the collector to the combined storage tank, through which the heat is distributed in the house.
To support the solar system, the combined buffer tank is usually supplemented by an electric heating cartridge, heat pump or a conventional boiler.
This solar system for heating support and simultaneous domestic hot water heating is particularly suitable for locations in southern Europe. (Italy, France, Spain, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Greece).
Recommendation for sizing
We recommend using at least one SunSphere collector per 10 m2 of heated living space and an additional 0.5 collectors per person for domestic hot water heating.
“We operate an apartment complex on La Palma and have opted for SunSphere collectors to keep environmentally friendly and cost-effective warm water for our guests. We like the 360° design very much.”
The benefits of SunSphere
- 360° sun due to hemisphere construction
- Very powerful at temperatures between 25 – 40 °C
- Very simple, unobtrusive and fast assembly, weight: approx. 10 kg
- Very good weather resistant (sun, wind, hail, sea air, salt water)
- Durable for an extremely long time due to the use of the best materials*
* Acrylic glass is extremely durable and well protected from weather ingenuities (anticorrosive). The material does not cloud even after many years, as the material is continuously UV protected. The SunSphere dome therefore has a life expectancy of about 30 years.